Application process at Dutch universities

All prospective students can apply for an educational programme to auniversity in Holland, following instructions on the application pages of a particular university's website. They have to check for the required documents and prepare them correctly in order to start application.

See the list of documents required for admission at universities in Holland and application deadlines for EU and non-EU students.

There are 2 ways of application at Dutch universities:

  • universities ask candidates to apply via website, using own online application modules (for example, Hanze UAS, Groningen, Leiden University)
  • universities use "Studielink", a webbased enrolment system at univerities in Holland. Students who wish to enrol at a Dutch higher education institution have to register on the "Studielink."(for example, Inholland University, NHTV Breda University, The Hague University).

Sometimes the university can ask to register first via Studielink and then apply via the university website as well.

After registration on the university website or on Studielink the candidate gets the email from the university or from Studielink website with confirmation that application procedure is started.

Once students are accepted for the programme, they receive the letter of admission from their university. Yet there are a lot of things they need to arrange before the study begins.

Do you like this page? Thank you for the vote! 246 21
Rating: 9.2 / 10 (votes: 267)

Comments (10) Comment the article

19/06/2013, 15:50 # nugusse

it is good to study at the university of highly rated.if you can support me

21/06/2013, 19:15 # staff

Hi Nugusse!

Read here about university rankings:

16/06/2013, 01:59 # clement

I am Nigeria citizen but i living in Senegal country how my visa will be approve in Senegal when i not a Senegal citizen.

16/06/2013, 07:32 # staff

Usually when you are accepted by university, you will get a letter with a questions where you can pick up your visa. Then you can let you know the place (city) where you can pick up the visa. We would advice you to consult with admission office of university directly.

21/05/2013, 18:13 # ahmad farid

just i want to get MBA form the Holand unversities

10/10/2013, 06:51 # staff

Hi Ahmad,
Here are MBA programmes:!/degree=mba_blended,mba
You need to apply directly to a university.

08/10/2013, 09:28 # Abdi Mohammed Haasen

I have a Bsc. on Crop protection and Protection from Haramaya University in 2008. and Msc on Crop protection From Hawassa University in 2011 and I wan to join my Msc on Plant Pathology to Your University how can i get.

10/10/2013, 06:54 # staff

Hi Abdi Mohammed,

You need to send your application to Wageningen University:!/univ=wageningen-university

23/10/2013, 10:49 # Derbew Tewabe

i have a L.L.B on Ethiopian Law from Bahir dar university in 2012 and i want to join my master of Law on criminology andetics to your university how can i get

28/10/2013, 17:08 # staff

Hi Derbew,
Look here:!/search=criminology

Comment the article
Please fill in your name
This email is incorrect
Please write something