Do you think that every expatriate find a place for himself in the foreign country? They come to the country to get some new experience for different reasons and not all of them could find an occupation after their own heart.
Below you can find 10 hints that will help you in looking for job in Holland
1. Break the ice and start do something. If you don’t have permanent employment, than may be you can try yourself as a creative artist and become a freelancer. Here you can get a casual work online: oDesk, Elance, Guru, vWorker, GetAFreelancer.
The other possibility is to try your best at Fiverr. This website is full of services from lots of people, which are divided in various parts like writing gigs, IT, multimedia etc. Creative thinkers are gathered in Fiverr.
2. It could be that it’s hard to get a work in your area of specialization. So may be it is time for you to consider the other occupations. To assist you in this there is a book A Career in Your Suitcase: The Expat and Trailing Spouse's Guide to... by Jo Parfitt and blog of Megan Fitzgerald, Expat and International Career Coach.
3. Take a voluntary job. It will help you to develop your contacts and maybe even to get a job. Access, a not-for-profit organisation supporting the international community in the Netherlands, proffers some work in technologies, marketing, data management systems, mobilization of capital and other areas.
Another way is searching “vrijwilligers” and “vrijwilligerswerk” for becoming a volunteer. Find joy in supporting people. You can use Google Chrome to translate the information from Dutch on website. Generally many Hollanders speaks English.
4. Get over language barrier. In Holland you can request the Dutch Integration (inburgering) course. There you can not only learn language but also network. Use the standstill to improve your abilities.
5. Become a businessmen. This is also a job, a point in résumé, which displays enterprise. More information about company booking in Holland you can get on Chamber of Commerce website.
6. Keep your shape. Go in for sports. Taking exercises brings your body a good perception. As a consequence there is a relieving the pressure, raising of self-respect, sleeping well. Jogging, cycling, gardening is also for your benefit.
7. Maybe the reason of your unpleasant feeling is culture shock. And there are a lot of materials and seminars which can help expatriates to get over this. See: Globalcoachcenter.com
8. Even in downmost be open-minded. If you are a good worker, it will be showed up.
9. To go to work is a sure method to get a work. It could be any part-time job or job with low salary but still you would have connections with people and remain self-confident.
10. Think positive! Your self-esteem means more than that you are out of work. Hope for the better!