Did you want to start your study in the Netherlands in September, but missed the application deadlines? Start your programme in February! Many of the Bachelor’s degrees offered at Dutch universities of applied sciences and some Master’s programmes at research universities have 2 intake periods. There are also a number of preparatory courses that begin in February.
In most cases, universities accept applications from non-EU students until October or November for the Spring intake. For EU students, applications are generally accepted until January or February. The deadlines depend on the time needed to arrange a student visa and residence permit. The application process also takes more time if the chosen programme has some sort of selection procedure.
If a prospective student wants to make use of the university’s assistance in finding a room in the Netherlands, he or she will need to apply at least 2 months prior to the programme’s starting date. Please keep in mind that these deadlines are applicable to all students, including those coming to study in the Netherlands from an EU country.
See more information regarding application deadlines for degree programmes at Dutch universities.
Dutch universities with several intakes
The following universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands offer programmes starting in September or February:
- Fontys University (Bachelor’s programmes)
- HAN University (Preparatory and Bachelor’s programmes)
- HU University Utrecht (Preparatory programmes)
- Rotterdam Business School (Master's and preparatory programmes)
- Saxion University (Preparatory and Bachelor’s IBMS programme)
- Stenden University (Bachelor’s programmes)
- The Hague University (Preparatory programme)
- Tio University (Bachelor’s programmes)
- Webster University (Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes start 3 times a year)
- Wittenborg University (Bachelor’s programmes start 6 times a year)
The list of Dutch research universities that offer some of their Master’s programmes with a starting date in February are:
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- The University of Twente
- TU Delft
- Leiden University
- Maastricht University
- Utrecht University
- Wageningen University
See programmes in our database which start in January or February, 2016.