Would you like to stay in Holland after your studies? Are you planning to look for a job? Start learning Dutch language at VU University and increase your chances of employment!
VU University Amsterdam has been running various courses of Dutch as a second language (NT2) for already more than 50 years and has accumulated plenty of valuable experience and expertise in this area. Everybody willing to learn Dutch as a second language can find here a course which would best meet his or her needs and fit even the busiest schedule.
Dutch courses for every taste!
People coming to study at VU Amsterdam can choose whether they would like to have lessons during the day or in the evening, join a group or go for the individual lessons, take a general course or focus on a specific area. Thus, the following options are available:
- Dutch Day Course. The course is divided into four levels, each of which takes nine weeks to complete. Students following a day course have lessons three to four days a week.
- Dutch Evening Course. The course is divided into five levels, each of which takes eight weeks to complete. The course is also suitable for people working full time, as the classes are held twice a week from 18.00 to 20.30 in the evening.
- Dutch Summer Course. This course is especially suitable for the newcomers as it is designed for the complete beginners. The course takes two weeks to complete and the lessons take place every weekday.
- Dutch State Exam training. A two-day intensive training is designed for those who are planning to sit for the Dutch State Exam (Programme II) and would like to have more practice in accordance with the exam format.
- Advanced courses of Dutch. People willing to focus on a particular skill can choose from the Academic Dutch course, Medical Dutch, Business Writing and Business Speaking.
- Individual Dutch lessons. VU University also offers its students an opportunity to take one-to-one classes to follow their own individual programme or work on a particular skill.