Student feedback can help prospective students choose a university abroad. While academic rankings reveal the overall reputation and academic strength of a university, reviews from students who studied there can provide a real first-hand perspective.
The research done by Studyportals is not meant to make up an official university ranking. Instead, it collects student reviews in one place and calculates an average mark for every institution. In the 2015-2016 academic year, VU University Amsterdam received a 9+ student rating from Studyportals. The institution was awarded with the Excellent Award International Student Satisfaction.
Some summaries derived from VU student experiences include:
- VU University makes international students feel welcomed.
- Everyone speaks English fluently.
- You feel as though you’re a part of the university very quickly.
- The university campus is very nice.
- The food on campus is pretty good.
- Amsterdam is a great city to live in.
- Teachers are interested in what they teach.
- Teachers work hard to make sure that you learn something.
- The feedback system for courses is effective; teachers react to feedback and make appropriate changes.
For full reviews, visit the Studyportals website.
About the university
VU University Amsterdam is a research university in the Netherlands that offers many Master’s programmes, taught in English, in nearly every field of study. VU Bachelor’s students study Economics, Business, Politics, and Computer Sciences.
At the Amsterdam University College, a joint initiative between VU University Amsterdam and the University of Amsterdam (UvA), students can pursue a Liberal Arts and Sciences programme with a customised curriculum.
The world’s most renowned academic rankings consistently rate VU within the top 200 universities in the world.
To see what programmes VU offers, please visit the university’s website.